Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Our House Grew Legs!

There is a new structure that we are thrilled to have on our yard and it stares at me through our back windows. I think it's beckoning me to come and dwell, so it will be a long month or so to wait before we can move in to our new house.


I WILL have a few things to distract me; like a new baby ;) hopefully sooner than later. And there's Christmas...


It was exciting to watch our house on the final leg of it's journey from Hague to our farm. I think it drove almost entirely grid roads, so hopefully it didn't inconvenience anyone too much!  

Here it's across the field, coming down our road.

Turning onto our drive...


Onto the yard!!!



Old house, meet new house. ;)

Preparing to back in place.

The cutest little spectators ;)


There were a few branches that had to sacrifice their home to move ours in.

I'm guessing this guy has NO problem parallel parking ;)



Almost there! You can see the basement foundation behind the house on the left.



Getting ready to "roll!"




And it's IN! 
Love this.


I found these videos on youtube that make our move look small-fry. It's pretty amazing what can be moved!!!




I am VERY glad that our move didn't have an unfortunate incident like this:





Our new house is safely in place and it looks great! I can't wait to LIVE in it, but I'll have to wait for a few important details like: electricity, heat, a basement floor etc... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment